Location: Alexandria, VA
Clearance: Clearable US Citizen; DoD Secret preferred
Primary job responsibilities Our great client is seeking a Network Engineer II to join us in Alexandria, Virginia.
Primary job responsibilities
- Configures, troubleshoots, and maintains network technologies, such as Cisco switches and routers.
- Assists Senior Network Engineer in troubleshooting and mitigating network issues, such as system backup, internet access, office systems applications, remote access services, and VPN support.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires detailed evaluation, good judgment, and technical expertise, driving efficient response and resolution.
- Responsible for evaluating, updating, and maintaining current systems.
- Assists in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies to find solutions that benefit and/or revolutionize operations and technologies.
- Associates Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience or 3 to 4 years of experience in information technology infrastructure implementing and supporting mixed, complex environments and solutions
- A minimum of 3 years of overall experience in information technology infrastructure implementations;
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certificate Network Administration (CCNA) required
- Ability to support server network virtualization development, strategies and deployment
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to the network, including system backup, user account management and e-mail systems, internet access, office systems applications, remote access services, network printing and provide VPN support
- Ability to support user community with troubleshooting techniques and corrective measures for miscellaneous infrastructure issues
- Knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and technologies to include VoIP, IOS, WAN/LAN, Switches, Routers and ASAs
- Knowledge of Microsoft platforms such as Windows Server and Desktop, Exchange, Active Directory and SMS Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining networking technologies
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective teaming and inter-personal skills
- Customer service and support skills