Tier I Service Desk Representative
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA (Metro Park - another building close by the base)
Clearance: Must have: TS/ SCI (must be currently read on or read on an SCI program within the last 12 months)
Shifts: Ft. Belvoir (1 position 10am- 6pm) Metro Park (1 position 6am-2pm)
Inquisit Company Description:
Our great client is a high-energy, forward-thinking, advanced technology company that provides the Federal Government and select private-sector organizations with an impressive array of services and solutions. Company expertise includes Systems Engineering, Enterprise Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Management Services, and Software Support. Here's why you should work for Inquisit:
2. Inquisit also offers an additional $5,000 in professional development annually for all employees
- “Inquisit's Employee Investment”: For INSCOM, Inquisit is paying for the 8570 IAT II certifications (Security+ CE) and in some cases, the boot camp – a value of close to $3,000! This in itself should be a big sell to potential employees. BUT WAIT….THERE’S MORE!
3. In the past 12 months, 4. Inquisit demonstrates a new brand of leadership—one that fosters trust, integrity, excellence, and yields high degrees of success and loyalty among employees and customers. They demonstrate relentless dedication and commitment to their customers and their people; a company that has been brought in on multiple occasions to clean up after large integrators; a company that delivers real results and metrics, and a company that thinks that the old “80% is good enough” should never be tolerated in government; and a company that believes in being a steward of the American taxpayer in everything they do.
We need Warriors recruiters to spin the INSCOM opportunities for ongoing development with a growing company.
Our great client is seeking a Tier I Service Desk Representative to join us in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provides basic level support and resolution for Tier I incidents and requests within a SPOC call center, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving end user issues, including but not limited to username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, resolving printer network issues, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance utilizing navigation menus
- Serves as initial point of contact for users, gathering user information, assesses user issues, and routes service calls to the appropriate Service Desk staff
- Manages all user interactions to the service desk from beginning to end, including coordinating Tier II and III responses
- Opens, tracks, and closes tickets utilizing Remedy
- Documenting and assigning call tickets to the IT team for additional support when needed
- Assisting in maintaining knowledge base with accurate and up to date information relating to current IT policies, procedures and troubleshooting techniques
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or relevant technology-related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Help Desk or Customer Service Support, providing troubleshooting and technical support in a remote environment utilizing phone, web based tools, and email
- ITIL v3 Foundations, HDI-SCA, preferred, DoD 8570 IAT II Certified (Security+CE) must be obtained within 60 days of signed offer
- Experience with Remedy or Microsoft Dynamics/Service Center preferred
- Knowledge of various desktop and notebook applications including Windows 7, MS Office 2007/2010, MS SCCM, Adobe Pro, WebEx, and Remedy ticketing system preferred
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with senior analysts and engineers to identify and resolve core problems
- Understanding of military culture, customs, and courtesies preferred
- Customer-centric and able to handle requests in a timely manner
- Excellent oral/written communications skills
- Must have the willingness to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Basic to general understanding of IT services
- Proficient in using standard computer applications
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.