Data Management Specialist
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Hours: Day, 8am-5pm plus on-call/after hour support as necessary.
Clearance: DoD Secret clearance Required
The Database Management Specialist is basically defined as the IT professional that is involved in all aspects of a business data flow. The Data Management Specialist must have very strong Unix/Linux experience as well as power shell scripting. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks without supervision and limited guidance. Typically reports to a senior level manager.
- Data Management activities to include identifying and manipulating data to process through various applications based on existing business rules
- Responsible for problem escalation to Management and third parties as appropriate
- Collaborate and consult with Database Administrators team members to assist with day-to-day tasks
- Provide SQL tuning advice to development team
- Be able to prepare Dynamic SQL’s respond to customer’s requirements
- Extensive experience in PL/SQL coding and SQL reporting
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Proven Oracle 11g Database Management experience.
- Oracle PL/SQL Experience and OLAP Skills.
- Proficiency with TOAD and OEM.
- Oracle Data Guard experience is preferred.
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Requires 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis
- Oracle certifications
- ITIL Foundation v3 Certification
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 11 years of experience).