Document Specialist Level 2
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Clearance: Secret Clearance Required
As a member of the Configuration Management team, the Document Specialists manages the documentation environment in accordance with organizational policies and goals. Ensures any necessary internal process documentation is formally followed. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to management. Candidate will be responsible for writing, editing, indexing, or revising a wide variety of technical user documentation. Candidate will collaborate with programmers, engineers, SMEs, and other Information Technology professionals.
Analyze requirements for projects to determine types of documentation needs by ensuring accuracy and completeness of technical content. Candidate will require excellent oral and written communication skills and an understanding of technical SOPs and other technical documentation. Must have the ability to think logically and recognize potential gaps in processes.
· Manages and controls data and documentation associated with a large IT Systems Management and Operation environment.
· Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instructional material, technical documents, and software and hardware technical documentation while maintaining proper version control.
· Monitors and reports team progress and communicates risks/issues to appropriate authorities.
· Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
· Create, edit, standardize and maintain technical documentation for current and future applications i.e., technical reference manuals and production control manuals.
· Create, edit, and maintain procedural documentation including but not limited to department policies and procedures (SOPs) and/or how to user guides and application guides.
- Keen attention to detail is required.
- The candidate should have 3 – 4 years of experience in a Document Specialist role, must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills and technical writing experience.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking or writing so others will understand.
- The ability to create documentation based on quick notes given verbally and by different sources.
- The ability to gather requirements from all sources involved and creates proper documentation and processes.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of experience creating Power Point Presentation at an Executive Level.
- Have experience working with Adobe Pro.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of experience using Advanced Features in Word and Excel
- Position requires a minimum of 4 years of writing experience, working in an Information Technology field.
- Prefer that one of the 4 years of experience be in information systems or information technology gathering requirements and writing SOPs with minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and be open to a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to provide with samples of their work.
Travel: No travel required.
Education: An AA or 4+ years of experience or a BS or 7+ years of experience as a Document Specialist or Technical Writer
Clearance: Minimum: Must be clearable; Preference: Active Secret Clearance and above
Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland