KPS1738 Systems Administrator II (Middleware)

Twitter Facebook
Apply
Location
Washington, DC
Job Type
Direct Hire
Date
Aug 15, 2017
Job ID
2487121

Systems Administrator II (Middleware)
Location: Washington, DC
 

Overview:

Our great client, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned business, was founded in 2005 to address the IT and infrastructure challenges facing Federal government agencies.  Since that time, our client has established itself as one of the fastest growing providers of technology and consulting services across Federal government, State and Local government, and commercial enterprises.  Our staff maintain expertise spanning a wide spectrum of IT management, technology, and service solutions.  Our client is a Cisco Gold Partner and is appraised at Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 2.  Through the International Organization for Standardization, our client holds an ISO 20000-1:2011 certification for Information Technology Service Management and ISO 27001:2005 certification for Information Security Management System.

Our client has been repeatedly recognized as one of the elite in the field.  The company was named to Inc. Magazine’s “The Build 100”, designating the Unites States’ Strongest and Most Strategic Growth Firms.  Our client has also been recognized on Inc. Magazine’s “Top 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies” in 2012, 2013, and 2014.  The Washington Post recognized our client on their 2014 “Top Work Places -Small Employers” list.  Our client has been named as the #1 best place to work in Virginia, by Virginia Business magazine, in our respective category for the fourth consecutive year.  This award is composed of two parts; 25% was a look at the benefits that an organization offers and the other 75% was based on surveys of the employees in the state.

Our client is an EEO/AA employer.  Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.  Our client promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.

 

Position Summary:

Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems in all environments (non-production, test, production and Disaster Recovery). Manages IT system infrastructure and any process related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems. Provides second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in resolution process. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. 

Education and Qualifications

  • Educational requirements: Associates Degree (in Arts or Science) or higher
  • 5 to 15 years' experience
  • Experience in Installation, Configuration, and administration of UNIX/Linux based middleware platforms (i.e. IBM WebSphere, IBM MQ, Tomcat, Apache web server)
  • Experience in IBM Datapower SOA appliance administration
  • Experience in configuring SSL for Middleware systems, requesting & installing secure certificates, enabling Global Security using LDAP registry and setup of SSO using SPNEGO and SAML
  • Experience in Fix pack & maintenance upgrades + support packs
  • Experience supporting JAVA applications with dependencies on F5 load balancers, external web service calls, proxy gateways, JDBC and JMS/MQ.
  • Good UNIX shell scripting skills with some exposure to emerging DEVops tools such as CHEF
  • Advanced troubleshooting skills including analyzing log & trace files, opening service requests, collecting documentation, working with Vendors, and driving problem resolution.
  • Ability to create support documentation & written procedures for routine and non-routine tasks.
  • Ability to coordinate configuration changes, installs, & upgrades with application owners - including planning, scheduling, status reporting, & following company change control procedures.
  • Ability to lead in 3rd Party team coordination, communication, and audit review of environments installed and processes used.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
  • Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of customer IT Systems.
  • Manage IT system infrastructure and processes.
  • Support day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for any issues that arise with administered systems.
  • Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.