Network Engineer/System Engineer or Satellite Engineer
Location: Fort Meade
Clearance: DoD Secret Minimum
Apply network and systems engineering support to government and commercial customers. Successful candidates will work with multicast content distribution, imagery dissemination, satellite communications, video processing and archiving, and other cutting-edge technologies. Our primary focus is finding candidates with potential who can adapt to a dynamic and demanding small business environment. Candidates will work closely with senior engineers, should be results-oriented, and must have a strong desire to work in a team environment. The primary role of this position will be supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) by performing the duties of a technical resource that provides daily oversight, management, and maintenance for a major two-way satellite communications system. Up to 80% of the time will be spent on site at DISA/Ft. Meade, MD.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- An in depth understanding of network related protocols and services as well as LAN/WAN design and implementation
- Installs, configures, and maintains network services, equipment, and devices
- Plans, documents, and supports network and computing infrastructure
- Documents network issues and resolutions for future reference
- Performs configurations and testing of a wide array of satellite communications technologies during all phases of the product lifecycle to include product development, testing, and production.
- Conduct laboratory and live over-the-air testing of IP VSAT terminals.
- Installs new IT infrastructure hardware, systems, and software
- Performs administration of servers
- Manages system back-ups and restorations
- Performs troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Monitors system performance and implements performance optimizations
- Maintains licensing and information and manages software security
- Supports RMAs and performs equipment repairs as required
- Provides direct customer technical support regarding the deployment, use, and troubleshooting of fielded systems
- Provides training to employees on the use of a wide range of software applications
- Provides direct technical hardware and software support to end users
- Provides system programming and troubleshooting assistance to manufacturing as required
- Coordinates system development tasks to include design, integration and formal product field testing.
- Develops and completes actions with regards to system specifications, technical and logistical requirements and other disciplines
- Create and maintains programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning, execution and reporting of component demonstrations, customer support, and training